POPULATION MAPS: APPLICATION FOR RF-ENGINEERING
Population Distribution Model describes the expansion of human population distribution within any geographic units (for example, administrative boundaries of the regions, settlements, city districts, sub-districts or urban neighborhoods (city blocks). It is possible to calculate population quantities for specified geographic units (in people), as well as to compute the population density per unit area, e.g., people/1 sq. km or people/cell of matrix.
Population Map or Population Distribution Model is produced and delivered as additional layer to regular geodata sets: DTM, DSM, Clutters, Vectors, 3D obstacles. In general, the Population Maps are used to predict the traffic flows when mobile network is being deployed or optimized and provide an important input for the capacity required from the network.
Particularly, the following tasks can be solved:
- To assess the market potential and priorities for new deployments
- To define critical areas or strategic coverage of customers
- For densifying the network
- For capacity simulations for the designed network infrastructure
- To determine network priorities
- To build nominal infrastructure budget
Population Map enables to process values of population distribution with various level of details: from countrywide areas to separate cities.
- Visicom Population Maps are based on the numerous algorithms of data sources interpretation
- The source, vintage and details of administrative boundaries for population maps differ based on the available information for the requested country
- We use the latest available data or extrapolate former inputs in case of lack of up-to-date information
Population Maps are considered as medium-high resolution data delivered from 2m till 20m resolution or similar to the whole project.
Population Distribution Model can be delivered in the any popular format of RF planning tool or GIS as: Vector Model, Raster model.
- Clutter Model of Countrywide and/or cities
- Administrative territorial division
- Boundaries of built-up areas
- Last available census
Population Distribution Model may include:
- Population quantity for each administrative unit, block, building (Vector Model);
- Population density per area units (Raster model);
- Population density per each cell of the raster grid.
- Administrative boundary of settlements (cities, towns, villages, etc.)
VISICOM OPERATES WITH
- Unique production methodology
- Objective data interpretation
- Detailed, relevant and accurate source data
- Best quality/price solution
- Individual attitude to each project
Currently, the Population Maps are available of-the-shelf for 25+ countries and 150+ cities.
The product can be tailored to customer projects requirements for any country in any resolution and format.